Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Writing in my journal

I love to journal. I have been writing in journals for most of my life. My favorite journals are the pretty leather bound ones.


Plus I have a beautiful fountain pen that I love writing with that I bought at oblationpapers which is one of the greatest stores ever for stationary, notebooks, paper supplies, and pens. They do all of their printing on an antique printing press. You can even watch them while they print when shopping in the store.

I like to add pictures that I cut out from magazines and decoupage them into my journals.

Sometimes I will find little images off of the Internet and I will cut those out and I will decoupage them in also.
And sometimes I will even do a little bit of water color painting.

It is a lot of fun put your own personal decorating touch along with writing inside of your journals.

4 comments:

Flapper Flickers + Silent Stanzas said...

How beautiful! I've kept journals most of my life, but nothing as lovely as yours!

Ruby said...

I just in the last few years started a gratitude journal, as my blog serves as a journal of sorts for me past that, but I love this idea...you ever read the book The Scrapbook of Frankie Pratt? Your journal in many ways remind me of that. Beautiful! Inspiring! Thanks for popping over to my corner of the blogging world! And so very pleased you liked my post on hats!

tierney717 said...

I can't believe it! I have been looking everywhere for the journal you have posted on this blog (specifically,the journal that is on top). I was given one as a gift and fell in love with it. I lost it and have wanted to replace it ever since, but could not find it despite my exhaustive search. I just thought I'd do a google image search today and saw your photos. Could you please share with me where you purchased your journal(s) from? You have no idea how much it would be appreciated!

Brooksie said...

Hey tierney717 here is where I got my journals (looking at the very first pic on the blog post) the two journals on top were from a store in Pacific City Oregon called the Village Merchants and the one on the bottom of the pile came from a thrift store.