Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cider vinegar and rosemary hair rinse


I am quite fond of old-time home remedies, one of my favorites is the cider vinegar and rosemary hair rinse. When I was growing up my mom used to do cider vinegar rinses on my hair (it smoothed the cuticle of the hair which gave it lots of shine plus it removed build up of shampoo, conditioner and/or products). I never had a haircut until I was 11 years old and by then my hair was knee length. My hair was always very fine, straight and it tangled real easily so my mom always took care of my hair for me which included braiding it every morning.

I like to do a cider vinegar hair rinse on my hair every now and then but I like to add a sprig of rosemary to it (it adds a fresh herbal fragrance). Herbalists say that rosemary is good for scalp circulation and makes the  hair glossy.

Just take 2 cups of water and and 1/8 of a cup of cider vinegar plus one sprig of rosemary, let it steep in a bowl overnight at room temperature. In the morning take out the sprig of rosemary. Shampoo and condition your hair like normal then do the vinegar hair rinse, finish by rinsing a few times with plain warm water.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have lavender vinegar,which is also great, I use it for de-oderant, hair rinse and cleaning around the house. I will be trying this one too! X