Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Memoirs of a Geisha.


I just got done reading Memoirs of a Geisha and I loved it. The book was very beautifully written. I had seen the movie several years ago and I loved it too. I highly recommend both of them. The movie is very visually stunning and the book goes into so much more depth of the daily life of the Geisha back in the 30's and 40's. I have a collection of vintage Asian robes and I have a photo shoot on Saturday that will feature my collection. Memoirs of a Geisha is definitely inspiring me (I am going for an old time postcards from Paris feel with some 1930's Japan thrown into the mix for this shoot). I have added a couple of very pretty images from the movie for you to enjoy.

2 comments:

Helga said...

It was a wonderful book,and I did enjoy the movie too! Love that actress who played the bad geisha,I think her name is Gong Li.
Vintage geisha pix? Hope we get to see them!

Dr Blood said...

I just watched the movie. It was "Showgirls" with Chinese actresses playing Japanese. It looked good though.