Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year Everybody!

Happy New Years plus I am celebrating year two of modeling! I started modeling in January 2009 and it has been a fun ride.

For my Happy New Years Day and modeling celebration post I thought I would share with everybody pictures from my 1920's Crazy Candy Cigarette girl photo shoot that I did with Frank DeSantis -the nationally acclaimed & award winning - photographer.

I have had the honor and the pleasure of working with Frank twice now - the first time around he even put me in his 2010 pin-up girl calendar (I was the pin-up for the month of April and July). You can see more of Frank's photos at: www.dasantisphoto.com.

Also other exciting news: Frankie Tease of GirlPartiesPDX Burlesque and Pin-up Shows and Events, has invited me to be a regular at any of her shows (not doing burlesque but as the 1920's Candy Cigarette Girl!). Frankie Tease is a dance instructor and producer of Burlesque and Live Art (Pin-up) shows. I have been a vendor of vintage lingerie and accessories at many of her burlesque shows (I had to retire from vending unfortunately but it has opened the door to the Candy Cigarette Girl Opportunity) and as you all know I have been a participant in many of her Live Art Shows. Here is Frankie's website: http://girlpartiespdx.bravehost.com/.

Now on to the photos:









I had so much fun doing this photo shoot with Frank, he told me these are really different for me because I am normally so reserved but I have been exploring fun, new and crazy ideas to add to my photo shoots to keep them super fun and interesting. This shoot was like kooky candy cigarette girls gone wild or something similar I would say.

Au Revoir

Brooksie

3 comments:

BaronessVonVintage said...

WOW! These are incredible! Happy New Year!! I'm so glad you found my blog, 'cause now I've found yours!

Joanna said...

Wow, that does look like a fun shoot! And the results are great, I love the photos with you sitting on the floor - very Tim Burton-esque.

Vintage Lady said...

Fun Fun Fun! Happy New Year!