Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Healthy Nut Butter Balls

Paleo Nut Butter Balls, Healthy Recipes

Nut Butter Balls


Some of you may know I have recently decided to add recipes to my blog. These Nut Butter Balls are one of my favorite things to eat and they are fun to make. I originally found this recipe online but I have greatly changed it and adapted it to my tastes. These nut butter balls are gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, free of preservatives and they are vegetarian (with a slight change of sweetener of raw honey to pure maple syrup they could be made vegan).

Here is what you need:

1/2 cup flax seeds
1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup roughly chopped almonds
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup dried coconut
(feel free to experiment with the ingredients above, switch out the seeds with nuts if you would like, you can use raw or roasted. Tailor them to your needs and your tastes, you can add chocolate chips or dried fruit cut up into small pieces, the sky is the limit to how these can be adapted).
1 T melted coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/8 cup honey
1 cup of nut butter of your choice, almond is always good, at home I have a nut butter maker and I like to take mixed roasted nuts (a no peanut blend) and I make home made nut butter. Also if you like your nut butter balls to have a more coconut flavor to them you can use a 1/2 cup of nut butter of your choice and a half of a cup of coconut butter.

Directions:

Add all ingredients to a large bowl, mix all ingredients really well with your hands then roll mixture into balls and place onto a cookie sheet, refrigerate till firm.

When firm store in a container with lid in the refrigerator for up to a week.

No comments: