Sunday, November 4, 2012

New Coat!


On Friday night Tim and I were out and about in downtown Portland and we had some time to kill so we ended up at Nordstrom Rack. I found this most beautiful princess style coat there that was half price. This coat was too beautiful to pass up so I of course had to buy it. I do not normally buy new or modern things - I usually shop at thrift stores or vintage clothing stores - however I will buy things that are new if they are of high quality and reproduction vintage or vintage inspired. This coat is very well made and is completly lined inside with very nice fabric. This coat I would say is vintage inspired because it has the same shape and lines as a 1940's princess coat combined with a belted trench. Also while at Nordstrom Rack I got the pretty silk hair flower I am wearing and also a pair of very pale pink thick patterned thigh high stockings which are not shown. I had the opportunity to wear my new coat out last night (when this picture was taken) because Tim and I met another couple who are friends of ours for a double date at the Portland Seafood Company.


Until next time!

Brooksie

2 comments:

Mariela Santillan said...

You look so elegant. The coat is simply wonderful and I'm glad you found something you really like.
I'm planning on making a jacket in the next couple of months. Here's hoping it works out.

Anonymous said...

What a great coat!