Sunday, June 17, 2012

Vintage silk flower pins.


I like to find vintage silk flower pins at flea markets, thrift stores and sales. The ones I look for are usually pretty dilapidated looking (I can get them for really cheap that way) then I breathe new life into them by simply using my clothing steamer. This little carnation pin looked almost like a pancake when I found it then voila'! Now look at how pretty it looks. This particular pin looks to be made out of a very thin fine velvet with a tiny bit of stiffness around the edges to make it look more carnation like, most flower pins I have found are made of silk. This little flower is fun to wear on a vintage hat or on a lapel of a jacket like a corsage.

2 comments:

garofit said...

She's a looker!

Bruce Partington-Plans said...

Congratulations Brooksie, you're the winner of the 150 Follower Giveaway on my blog. Pop over to claim your prizes!