Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A visit to mom's and save vintage from Halloween continues!

Here I am wearing a vintage cardi and high waist jeans at mom's house

This is mom looking casual in crisp denim standing by our lunch basket

Mom's new canary

Mom's tiny Manx cat "Stubs"

The backyard with the Nestucca River running through it

Another shot of the backyard and Nestucca River

Mom's house 

The dogs Dolly & Elsa 

I saved this cute vintage Asian jacket from becoming a Halloween costume (from thrift store on Oregon Coast)

I saved this super cute vintage fur collar and cuffs from becoming a part of a Halloween costume (thrifted from store on coast)

My vintage haul from thrifting on the Oregon Coast with my mom. Items include (from left to right): 1920's chiffon and lace dress, white satin 1930's slip, vintage blue peasant blouse, brown and white polka dot zip front 1940's sheer cotton blouse/jacket, midnight purply blue 1940's taffeta acetate snippet slip on the very end, 1940's silk light blue, light yellow and red silk hand rolled hand sewed 1940's neck scarf, vintage beaded collar handmade in Japan. 

Vintage Lenox China bow lapel pin
I spent the past few days on the Oregon Coast visiting my mom. She lives in a very small town called Beaver Oregon, population is about 500 people. Beaver is in between Tillamook and Lincoln City. My mom and I decided to spend our time thrift store shopping all the way from Warrenton Oregon and down to Lincoln City.

A fun vintage map I found on Google of the Pacific NW, the coastline and HWY 101


On this trip I was able to save some vintage from Halloween, pick up many vintage treasures, I also got many vintage inspired items (which I did not take pictures of) and I picked up a couple of items from a free box too (a multi color & tan leather belt from South America and a very pretty 1970's does the 1940's short & cropped with long sleeves dusty rose sweater).

I hope you enjoy the pictures of my mom and I, her pets, the property and all of my pretty vintage things! 

Ciao! 

Brooksie



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heya i am for the first time here. I found this board and I find It truly
useful & it helped me out much. I hope to give
something back and help others like you helped me.
Visit my web blog swimwearplace.com