Tuesday, December 4, 2012

On the Runway!

On October 20th 2012 I had the opportunity to do a fashion show. I am very excited to say this was my very first time doing runway modeling! I am just now posting because I just finally got the photos the other day.

Here is the whole group of us including Danielle the fashion knit wear diva/designer (in the middle with the aqua hair and orange scarf).
Photo by Eric Donaldson Tworivers
Here I am with the vintage Anastasia crocheted cap and upcycled rabbit fur knit poncho.
Photo by Eric Donaldson Tworivers
 
This was for the ReUse Fashion Show during the ReUse Expo 2012 that was located at the Double Tree Hotel in Portland. I had the honor of modeling my friend Danielle's wonderful creations which incorporate a lot of recycled materials. She has a small business by the name of PoorGirl Couture, she is a knitting & crocheting genius (at least I think she is!). You can find PoorGirl Couture on face book: poorgirl.couture. Danielle is greatly inspired by the works of Erte' from the 1920's (you gotta love that). If you want to learn more about Erte' please visit a previous post of mine here: erte-display-at-pittock-mansion. I also want to share that Danielle is very creative, I really love seeing and reading her posts on face book everyday. She motivates and inspires my creativity all of the time, I will admit to you that not a lot of people that I know personally make me feel this way but she is one who does. I really had a lot of fun and a great time doing this show!

Photo by Eric Donaldson Tworivers

Until next time!

Brooksie

2 comments:

Mariela Santillan said...

You look great and what fun that must have been! I don't think I could ever model. I don't have any confidence when it comes to how I look.

Dina@VintageAdvantage said...

What fun! You look great, and I love both the hat and the capelet/poncho! Your friend is so talented!

xox
www.VintageAdvantage.blogspot.com